The last couple of weeks I have been wondering what we will get Lucas for Christmas, and his birthday which follows shortly after that. I haven't been inspired by anything and have been thinking to myself that we really don't need to get him much because he is happy being able to shred some paper.... and then eat it of course. But today that changed.....
We walked into the BX, which is a usual Saturday morning (ok really it is every morning) affair. We see that they have these really cool Elmo Live dolls. We press the foot to see what it does.... and it moves like a real person..... and it blows kisses! Lucas LOVES blowing kisses. Then we look at the price tag. So, I quickly say, "Sorry sweetie, I'm not paying $60 for an Elmo" and quickly walk away.
Tonight at dinner, there was a table of four adults, and they had one of those dolls. They pulled it out and started playing with it, and then turned it around so Lucas could see it. He, again, was watching it intently, wondering what it was all about. Then I'm like, "you know, that is actually pretty cool and I kinda want to get it", knowing full and well that Aaron is going to say no. But I was wrong. He said that if I wanted to get it for Lucas for Christmas then we could. I eventually talked myself out of it, because I really don't want to spend $60 on a toy, unless it was a "big" toy at least.
But what is going to happen in three weeks when I walk into Toys 'R Us, or even Wal-Mart or Target? I'm trying to be the reasonable mother, realizing that he won't care as much about the toy as compared to the packaging it comes in. But I'm afraid I won't have any self-control.
No comments:
Post a Comment