Monday, November 10, 2008

A day at the Suwon Folk Village

We went to the Suwon Folk Village yesterday. It was a recreation of different classes of housing and farms from the southern and central parts of the country. I realize I didn't take many pictures of the actual houses and such, but I got a ton of other pictures.

Waiting for the subway......
On the subway.....
On the bus....... are we there yet?


The farmer's dance. Lucas LOVED this. He was sitting on my lap and didn't budge once until it was over.





The carousel! It was fun the first couple of times around, but then we were both ready to get off and it wouldn't stop.


You might be getting sick of seeing our fall photos, but this is the prettiest fall we have ever seen.


We had the entire train to ourselves, it is wonderful sightseeing during the week.


Lil' man and I. Have I mentioned before that I LOVE Phil & Ted's? We have a stroller and this backpack carrier from them and I am so incredibly happy with both.... even though I want the new Vibe(A new stroller they carry).


This was some sort of floaty thing that they would travel on when going to trade and such. Toward the right you can see their "Stove" and further to the right(not pictured) was a hut type thingy. Yes, I am good at words, which is why I use words like "thingy".



When we lived off base we would see the kids swing like this and I always thought they were disrespectful because I never once saw them sit their butt down and swing like a normal person. Well after seeing this old-school swing, I guess this is just how Koreans do it.

I thought this egg container was pretty unique. At least I hadn't seen anything like it before. But how long can an egg sit out (unrefrigerated) without going bad?




Now get ready for some fun........


Lucas in the sea of leaves......

He really does enjoy playing in the leaves, that is my kind of boy!

Look at ALL THOSE LEAVES! Did we come on the right day or what!



He wasn't so sure about this, but we thought it was cute.


Dried fish anyone?


No? OK well how about some dried octopus?


Tight-rope walker


I wish someone would have shown me when I was little that you could play on a see-saw like this!




No comments: