Friday, October 31, 2008

Handing out candy



Last night Lucas and Aaron handed out candy to all the trick-or-treaters. Lucas had fun, especially when he got his hands on a package of starbursts. Our poor deprived boy didn't get to have any candy, but he still had a ton of fun! He doesn't have any idea what he is missing anyway, and he doesn't need the sugar. He gets enough from his momma's milk since she has a HUGE sweet tooth.
I watched my friend Jessica's six week old baby so she could take her daughter trick-or-treating. It was crazy how small he was, even though we were in the same boat eight months ago. I'm so used to Lucas' big size now that a brand new baby was a little intimidating. I was so confident when we had Lucas and never felt any intimidation of his size or fragility. But now that he is this big strong moving boy, it was strange holding a fragile, little brand new baby. It made me wonder what it will be like when we have our next baby. It was also the first time I've really seen Lucas get jealous of my attention. He kept trying to crawl in my lap and get me to pick him up, but I couldn't because I had AJ. I've seen him act like that a little when I hold Brianna, who is four months older than Lucas. But it's never been as jealous as he got last night. It was interesting.

No comments: