Wednesday, October 15, 2008

He just keeps growing

Our time left here in Korea is bittersweet. When Lucas was born, Aaron and I were hoping that he would keep us so busy that time would fly bye. Well, it has and it hasn't. It has because Lucas is becoming more and more of a toddler every day, and it hasn't because we are STILL in Korea. Uuuhhhh.


His determination is amazing. "They" say to use distraction as your main method of keeping babies Lucas' age out of things they shouldn't be in. Well, that doesn't work for him. I could take him to the other end of the apartment to keep away from cords, and yet he will just scoot back out there to play with them again. Here we are walking out the door, and he still won't give up on trying to chew on his shoes.


Yesterday I was patiently waiting for Lucas to fall asleep for his nap. Usually he goes down pretty easily, but for some reason he was crying, a lot, and a lot harder than he usually does. I walk in and am shocked to see him standing up in his crib. I pulled him out and cuddled him because I was so proud of him pulling up without our assistance. Of course, he still had to go back down for his nap.


We went and bought our pumpkins tonight (YAY). We didn't get the fun adventure of going through a pumpkin patch, nope ours are from the commissary. But next year, we will without a doubt have pumpkin patch pumpkins.(Yes I know all pumpkins come from pumpkin patches)


Um, yeah, I don't think that is such a great idea.


Lucas is just getting too big. He will be walking before we know it...... I really think he is going to skip crawling because he is perfectly happy scooting and is now pulling up and walking with our help.



No comments: