Thursday, March 12, 2009

A visit from above

From the day we moved in, we have had issues with the people that live above us. It isn't that we hear them walking around or anything that comes with normal apartment noises, but more because of their out-of-control son. Seriously, this little boy seems to get to go to bed whenever he feels like it and act as crazy as he wants, and they don't do anything about it. I really don't care about noises during the day, after all, I am a parent and understand that kids are loud. However, jumping, running, and screaming past 8:00pm is an entirely different story in my book. Maybe I am just uptight about sleep, but it makes me so mad when this kid wakes up Lucas because he is being so loud. We have made multiple complaints, and nothing is working. One of the ladies that works here has even said, "I think it is an issue of not being able to control the child". Nice. I'm not kidding when I say this kid has woken me up at two in the morning because he was jumping around so much. So..... we haven't been too fond of them.



Well the other night, the three of us are eating dinner and watching Lucas throw pretty much all his food on the floor, when we hear people in our hall. Aaron and I both stop to listen, amazed at the voices. I guess I should explain, that our building is new and not that many people live here yet. There is only one other lady on our floor and she never comes down our hall. So we are sitting there listening as the voices get closer and closer. I'm thinking to myself that maybe, just maybe, someone is moving in near us! Then, someone puts their key into OUR door. Aaron and I look at each other like "What the?". Aaron jumps up to look through the peep-hole. Chloe is barking, Lucas is quiet because he doesn't know what is going on, and I'm actually a little scared that someone is trying to get into our apartment. (I think I'm still a little traumatized from the break-in). So I go over and look through the peep-hole, and the people are just standing there, looking at the door. They don't seem to understand why their key isn't working.



They finally walk away, and a few minutes later we hear the people upstairs get home. So..... our idiot-dar is lighting up. Ok, this is what my door looks like.....




Would you walk up to a door with flowers and a welcome mat and not realize this isn't what your door looks like? I'm guessing their door doesn't look the exact same because I put the flower and tin canisters together, so the chances of someone having the same thing are pretty slim.






So my thought is, these people are either on something, or are just completely idiotic. It may sound harsh, but seriously, who does that?

No comments: