
So picture this....It is Saturday night, the night before we leave for our vacation to Guam. Aaron and the dogs are in bed watching Friends, waiting for me to finish getting ready for bed. I wash my face, brush my teeth, then go to check on Lucas one last time before I climb into bed. As I walk into his room, I see a shadow of someone outside climbing the railing (we live on the second floor). I run into our bedroom and tell Aaron someone is on the railing. By the time Aaron gets into Lucas' room, the burglar had opened the screen and the first part of the window(there are two different

glass doors to our windows). Aaron runs to the window, slams his palm through it, throws the window open and starts yelling at the guy. The guy jumps down as Aaron broke the window and ran off. OK, my only thought.....my four month old is in his crib and some creep just tried to break into his room.......What would have happened if I hadn't gone to check on him right at that moment.....What would have happened if I would have been five minutes later? So anyway I grab Lucas, Aaron runs outside to see if he can find the guy, and I call the Military Police and our landlord. Aaron ran outside and there were some Korean people at a restaurant by our apartment that said they saw a guy running away. The MP's, our landlord, a translator, and finally the Korean Police show up. They did a full investigation because I guess this is the second time this has happened recently (the other time was in broad daylight). They think it was the same guy. They sent out an investigator (I felt like we had an episode of CSI in our apartment, just thankfully no deaths..... although I really wouldn't be too sad if the burglar would have died). They found some blood; some in the room, from Aaron's foot when he stepped on the broken glass, but they also found some on the outside of the window or on the railing or something, which Aaron hadn't touched. Hopefully they will catch this SOB. In the meantime I am beyond freaked out...... Someone almost broke into my baby's room! We leave Sunday afternoon for a week. While we are gone our landlord is going to have the glass replaced in Lucas' room. We are seriously thinking about moving on base now, which we had recently declined because we WERE happy with were we live. Our landlord is trying to get us to move to the forth floor so he can keep us as tenants, and he will pay for the move. He said we could move in the week we get back if we want. The forth floor would be safer, at least that is what the Military Police dudes told us, but I am so freaked out that I just don't know. Aaron said it is totally my call. I am just too freaked out for words.
Recently Aaron has been talking about buying guns once we get back to the states for protection. I wasn't brought up around guns so I have been a little hesitant. Yeah..... that hesitation is long gone.
On a brighter note, we have the calmest baby in the world. When Aaron burst into his room and slammed through the glass, I figured he would have started screaming. He woke up, eyes WIDE, but didn't cry. I picked him up as soon as I could get to him and he was fine, tired, but fine. The whole time we had a parade of people in our apartment doing the different reports and investigations and such, he was just a happy little baby, smiling at everyone.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're all okay, especially Lucas! It's so amazing that he didn't cry at all. Wow.
Post a Comment