Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Visitor from the Psych Ward

The other morning Lucas and I were scrambling around to get out the door. We were running late to meet some friends at the park, and I still had to stop and pick up food for the picnic. I decided it would be best to take our dog, Chloe, out to potty before we left so that we wouldn't come home to a nice "tootsie roll" surprise. I load up Lucas and Chloe and we head outside. When we get outside, I glance left and then right, before heading over to the designated Pet Area. I notice as I'm crossing the road that there is a guy sitting against one of those big green electrical boxes next to the apartment building. I absent-mindedly think to myself that it is weird that someone is sitting there, but didn't think too much about it. As we are waiting for Chloe to do her business, the image of the sitting man popped into my head and I realized he had one leg covered, and one leg not. I didn't understand, so I turned around to glance at him..... then my heart stopped. That strange man that I didn't really notice before, was wearing a hospital gown, boxers, and socks. I quickly pulled out the pepper spray attached to my keys and Lucas, Chloe, and I went straight to the front office. I kept looking behind me as we were booking it over there because I was afraid the dude was going to follow us. I told one of the office ladies what happened and her and the head maintenance guy went looking for him. They never found him, so I'm guessing he split after we took off as fast as I could manage with a toddler and a dog. There is a hospital a few blocks behind our apartment and come to find out they have a psych ward where they hold people until they get transferred.

No comments: