Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocolate Festival

Today the three of us headed north of Baltimore, up to this town called Bel Air, where they were having a chocolate festival. Yes ladies, I said chocolate festival. It was pretty cool, but not quite what I expected. It was $10/person to get in which gave you five samplings from the different vendors. I think my sweet tooth was interfering with my pre-conceived notions because I was imagining rows upon rows of chocolate vendors, handing out gobs of chocolate. Instead, it was a gym in an old armory, with tables lining the perimeter. I didn't count, but I would guess there were maybe twenty vendors, which is still a LOT of chocolate. It was the first time we gave Lucas chocolate, and he kept asking for more and more. Then..... the sugar high kicked in. He was jumping around, dancing, laughing at everything, and just having a good time. I didn't take any pictures of the Chocolate Festival itself, but here are other pictures from the day.




The armory that the Chocolate Festival was held in




This might just be my new favorite picture of Lucas. I just wish I had the software to make his baby blues pop a little more (hint hint Aaron)


He kept trying to climb up this little slope on the side of the building

CHEEEEEEEEEESE


The balloon fascination continues........ (another picture that I really really like)


Balloon death grip

The Courthouse




Mutual Fire Insurance Co. - I really love the architecture here. I may not know how to take great pictures of buildings, but that won't stop me.


Good Daddies keep little boys out of the road when they are high on sugar


Mid-dance


After the chocolate festival we met up with our new-found friends Shellie, Scott, and their two kids. We had lunch outside because it was such a beautiful day (YAY SPRING). Then we headed home for a nice family nap..... those are the best!

No comments: