Sunday, March 8, 2009

DC by bicycle

For those of you that have or even haven't toured DC, I'm here to tell you there is a TON of walking. However, if you tour by bike, then it is really quite enjoyable. We had so much fun today biking to the different sites. We only spent a few hours down there because we wanted to get Lucas home for a nap. Plus, since it usually takes us about a half hour to drive there, we can go as many times as we want!! I failed to get a picture of all of us on our bikes, but at least I got a lot of pictures of the monuments and memorials.


Washington Monument



The view of the World War II memorial and Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument

World War II memorial. I didn't get any good pictures of this, but this summer, when the fountains are turned on, we will be back.


When you think of the reflecting pool, does this image usually come to mind? I didn't think so.


Lincoln Memorial
Inside the Lincoln Memorial


The ceiling in the Lincoln Memorial



Oh wait, I see a little reflection now


I'm not sure if this is a memorial for World War I or just the World Wars in general. I didn't stray too far from the bike because we were trying to see if Lucas would take a nap on the bike.



Korean War Memorial



We didn't stop at the Vietnam Memorial because you couldn't take your bikes to it and there weren't any bike racks..... or at least we couldn't seem to find any.
We didn't really take time to stop at the White House because we were ready to head back to the car. Next time that will be on our agenda.


Packing up and ready to go home for nap time.

No comments: