Oh boy..... Lucas and I attended our first playgroup here at Fort Meade. It was CRAZY! Not that the kids were running around unhinged, but rather because of the amount of people there. Seriously, my jaw almost dropped to the floor when I walked in the door.
The playgroup is called Romp and Stomp, and is held in a gymnasium. The entire floor is covered in toys ranging from small baby toys to jungle gym toys to ride-on toys, etc. I started to count the amount of adults alone and lost track somewhere in the forties. There had to easily be one hundred people there. Plus, some of the adults there were childcare-providers, so they had even more kids than just their own.
Needless to say, Lucas and I were a bit overwhelmed. We are used to Osan Playgroup where you walk in and you know the names of everyone there.
Lucas mostly played on his own. He saw a toy here and there that another kid was playing with and would want it for himself, but never really played with anyone else..... besides me anyway. I know he is wanting to play with other kids because I met a mom in Ikea the other day and Lucas just started following her daughter around. I think I need to become friends with some of the moms so we can have our own smaller playgroups. Maybe then he won't be as overwhelmed.
I have to say though, out of the handful of moms I met, they were all very nice. When I first walked in the door, I walked over to the bleachers to set our stuff down and this lady (Shellie) sitting there said, "You must be Tori!" Imagine my surprise, after the shock I was still in from the size of the playgroup, that someone actually knew my name! She recognized me from my bio on meetup.com, which is how I found the group in the first place. So I chatted with her and a few other moms, but couldn't even dream of meeting everyone. There were just SO many people. I think Lucas and I will go back to Romp & Stomp, and hopefully we will get used to the massive amount of people.
1 comment:
Wow! That does sound crazy! I'm sure you'll meet lots of cool people there and Lucas will never be worried about not finding a toy to play with! Thanks for your tip about the PIC! After reading some other not-so-favorable reviews on trip advisor, we are shooting for the Hilton or Hyatt instead! It started to snow tonight, so we are all crossing our fingers for Sunday's flight! Wish us luck! Hope all is well in MD!
Post a Comment