Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ALS Graduation & a drama free night!

For the last five weeks, Aaron has been in ALS (Airman Leadership School). He should have been in it last year, and the year before that.... but we were in the states the first round, and the school was full the second round. So finally, he got into the class. He thought the class was descent for the most part. A bit boring at times, but they had a class of intelligent people so they breezed through the material, then spent the rest of the time goofing around. They all came up with nicknames for each other and Aaron's was "zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom"........ yeah, that's what I thought too. Apparently they had a hard time coming up with something and decided on that because he has a motorcycle.

The night of his graduation was the first time we have left Lucas since we've been here. We left him with my parents a couple times when we were in Missouri, but that is pretty much it. Needless to say, I was a little stressed about it, not to mention the fact that Shellie (who was at home with Lucas) wasn't answering her phone.

To add a little stress on top of that, when I showed up for graduation Aaron told me we would be sitting with some people that we have awkward history with.... GREAT! The lady, we'll call her Lucinda, has seemed to have a problem with me since around the time I found out I was pregnant. I think she was mad at me for quitting my job (which she had gotten for me). I honestly never cared because I wasn't going to keep working when I was running to the bathroom every ten minutes to throw up and there wasn't anyone to relieve me. Since then, it has always been weird with them. Whenever I would see her in passing I would say HI. It is, after all, the courteous thing to do. But I would never get a response, not even really eye contact. Aaron and her husband used to be roommates, which made it even more awkward because they knew each other really well.

So as I sit down to the dinner table with them, I am preparing myself for an awkward, silence filled night. However, I was surprisingly wrong. She was talking, and smiling, and acting like there were never any issues. I couldn't believe it. Now of course, it could have all been a show because there were other people around, but still. I was happy. Plus, I was sitting next to a shy, but very nice lady, who is actually coming over for a play date tomorrow.

The rest of the night went great! I got a text from my friend Shellie that said Lucas was being so good and went down for bed like an angel. I was SO relieved. Then to make the night even better, Aaron won a "Distinguished Graduate Award".

All in all, a good night!


Aaron graduating!


Aaron receiving his award trophy



No comments: