Daddy and his little Frankenstein
Lucas, my friend Kasia, her daughter Julia, and I
The only activity they participated in was coloring.
Lucas, going in for his kiss
I figured, with Lucas' shy nature, there was no way he was going to go trick-or-treating door to door. So, we decided to take him to the one place I figured he would feel comfortable enough to participate. Somewhere he knows, loves going to, and asks for ALL the time! Where else, but the MALL! Ok, so he doesn't ask for the mall, but he asks to ride the carousel at the mall pretty much every day.
Posing in front of the waterfall
Then the trick-or-treating commenced. At the first store, he didn't even notice what was going on. I think he was busy watching all the other kids that were dressed up. Plus, when we usually go to the mall, it isn't that busy, so I think he was a little overwhelmed.
Store #2, notice how Aaron is holding his hand, while making him hold his bucket. He still wasn't quite into it.
"Wait a minute, they give you lollipops?!?!"
After that, all was well with trick-or-treating. Lucas ate four lollipops in a row. As soon as he would finish one, he would hand me the stick and then grab another and try eating it without taking the wrapper off. Oh, and by the way, I didn't volunteer the first lollipop. He noticed them, picked one out of his bucket, and started sucking it before I could take the wrapper off. He knows what lollipops are, and he wasn't waiting. It was all good though, because with lollipop in hand, trick-or-treating was that much more enjoyable for Lucas.
This nice lady, found it to be particularly important to find the piece of candy that fit Lucas perfectly...... even though there were ten kids behind Lucas waiting for their candy. I don't think she got the concept of 'get in, get out'.
No comments:
Post a Comment