Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I can handle ANYTHING!

Let me start by saying, I drive a big Ford Expedition. I feel very environmentally irresponsible driving it, but that is a whole other topic. Today, Lucas and I made a trip to Costco. As we were circling the always packed parking lot, I spotted a car that we were in front of that turned on. I backed up to give the driver room to get out of the spot, so that I could move in.

As the driver is pulling out, he signals that he wants to say something to me. I'm thinking....(uh oh, what did I do?) As he gets closer he has the nerve to say to me, "I was concerned about you being able to handle such a big car." Excuse me? Who do you think you are to tell me what I can and cannot handle!! After a long enough pause that gives me enough time to think of a couple chauvinist comments, he continues by saying, "Then I saw your Missouri tags, so I know you can handle anything." I casually laugh and pull forward and I'm thinking, "OK weirdo!"

I'm not sure what makes him think that because I'm from Missouri, that I can handle anything. It isn't like Missouri is a third world country or anything. He was right though, I CAN handle anything!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

what a strange comment!? But he's right! YOU CAN!